Monday, December 22, 2008

MaKinley turns TWO!!!!!

So, in December we celebrate two birthdays. MaKinley turned two on December 15. Boy, the last two years have flown by. I am happy and sad at the same time. She is our last little one. I cherish every milestone that she crosses and cry with it (Tears of joy and hoping that I could savor each moment longer). I can still remember being pregnant with her and how excited we were to finally have another little person join our family. We wanted another baby for years. It took us so long to get her here. It was really a growing time for Derek and I. I had to put my trust in our Heavenly Father and let him carry me and comfort me when, I thought we would never have another one. I think that I needed this to somehow learn that I can't do it by myself (as much as I thought I could, come on, it takes Derek and I to make it happen, right?!) Well, technically it does, but the Lord plays a much bigger part than we my realize. At least, I found this to be true for me. I am truly blessed to have Kinley in our lives. She is that joy that was missing for so long. She brings smiles to everyone she meets. She is loving to her brother and sister. She can't wait to see them when they get home from school. She enjoys being with her dad. He and her have their special time at night. Derek bathes her and then they sit together as she drinks her bottle(yes, we are working on this need of hers)then he takes her into her room and reads to her. Sometimes, it seems like they are in there forever, but MaKinley loves it. She and I enjoy our days together, just her and I. I get to be her client at the beauty shop, her baby, her patient and sometime her mom. She and I share some fun times together when the kids are at school. I am so glad that she chose to be in our family. She makes us complete. I can't imagine life without her. Happy Birthday to our MaKinley!!

Here is where it all took place our Home!
"We must start with a prayer before we can eat guys."Two little sweet girls. We love our friends. This is her opening her gifts. She is starting young, don't you think? "Grandma, Hi"More gifts!Tanner looks more excited than MaKinley.
Who has a party without balloons? MaKinley lovs them. In fact, they are still in our home. We can't throw them away, yet.




Here is her cake. She wanted a pink one. She loved it!
"Let me try it, first"
"Yea, I like it!" Finger-licking good!
"Maybe I will use my fork." "It works better."
"Oh, yea, who needs to cut it when I can pick it all up with my fork."
"SOOOOO Good!"
"I can't fit it in all in my mouth, darn it!"


MaKinley loves anyone to read to her. Her sister sat and read with her while Derek and I cleaned up. Those two girls are precious.

Derek and I got MaKinley a ride on toy and she wanted nothing to do with it at first. It took some friends to show her that it was fun. She thought it was "too scary!" "Get me off it, Dad!"

Derek and the kids. MaKinley was so done by this point. You will not see her looking at the camera in the rest of the pictures. Bless her heart. She had had a busy night.


Me and the kids.

Here is a video of Kinley on her car, Finally!


This is us singing "Happy Birthday!" to Kinley with her cake.


This is just more birthday cake moments. Enjoy!