Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Mommy, kiss better!"

Our dear little MaKinley must have the weakest bones in the world. This the third time that she has either broken her wrist or sprained it. Around this same time last year, she fell and broke her wrist. Then about three months later she was walking with her dad and she tripped and broke the other wrist. Well, today as I was working out at the gym, a kid zone worker came and told me that MaKinley was running and tripped and that she was now holding her arm. The first thing that ran through my mind was, "Not again!" So, of course I went right way to get her (Good thing I was nearly done with working out because I would have had to return later and finish). She was being held by Will her friend at the gym. Big crocodile tears were streaming down her cheeks. She said, "Mommy, kiss better!" Usually, a kiss is sufficient and she can move on. So I did and she tried to move it thinking that I fixed it, but realizing that it still hurt she said again, "Mommy kiss better!" I then took her in my arms and said, "Baby, mommy can't fix it better, but a doctor can." She said back, "Doctor, medicine, ban-aide" I said, "Yes, the doctor will make it feel better. I hate when our kids are in pain and I just can't kiss them better. It would be great if that could happen always. So She and I spent a few hours at the emergency room. She had it x-rayed and it showed no breaks. I was relieved, but she does have some soft tissue damage. The poor thing has to wear a splint for a little bit and take motrin when needed. She does pretty well with it. We just hope that it heals right and that she is all right.


So, here she is trying to give me a smile, but not really wanting too. I really don't blame her.



She really protects her arm right now. She doesn't like to move it. She looks down and says "Mommy ban-aid." I say, "Its a big band-aid!"


This is her just trying to adjust to the splint. My "Poor Baby."

6 comments:

Kristy said...

She is such a brave little girl. By the way, you are a great example of working out! Holy cow, you would really go back and finish later. I would have used that as a good excuse to go and get ice cream to make us both feel better!

Steve, Maggie, Janie said...

Hey--
Does Kinny (that's how jane has been saying it) need anything? Let us know!! We love you guys!

hercstall said...

Hey guys,

Great to hear from you!!! Your blog is great. I can't believe how big your kids are. Tanner about blew me away. We definitely need to get some updated info from you guys. Give me a shout and we'll exchange info. dhpritt@cox.net

Dan

Josh, Lundyn, Quincy and Brylee Stuart said...

Poor Macinley! She is so brave. I hate taking kids to the doctor, it just feels awful. I hope she gets better soon... And I'm with Kristy on the working out thing!

Steve, Maggie, Janie said...

Where are the bday pics?? I'm so sorry we missed out. Love you guys!

The Wolfley Family said...

Poor little thing! I miss the days when a kiss from mommy could fix anything (almost)! I was wondering if you could send us your address? wolfleys@msn.com